- This event has passed.
Downtown After Dark featuring JJ Grey and Mofro
Destination Panama City is pleased to announce “Downtown After Dark,” an outdoor, family-friendly event featuring popular soul-rock musician JJ Grey and his band, Mofro, at 5:00 p.m. CST on Saturday, October 16 at the Destination Panama City Visitor’s Center on the #LovePC lawn. Local favorite Tyler James Arnold and The Voodoo Jelly will be the opening act. VIP tickets are available beginning July 9, 2021. Free General Admission tickets will also be available to the public on the same ticket portal. Tickets are limited and required for entry; so be sure to get them as soon as possible.
You can purchase tickets here.
All concert attendees must bring their own chair. No outside food or drink is allowed inside concert area. Vendors and food trucks will be available on-site.
Proceeds from concert ticket sales will benefit a current ecological project that will bring either a deployment of artificial snorkeling reefs or a living shoreline installation, which will be located in St.Andrew Bay just off the shoreline behind the new Destination Panama City welcome center. The reefs will be accessible for locals and visitors alike to enjoy – no special equipment required. The project is expected to be completed by July 2022.
For lodging options with group rates, go here.
JJ Grey and Mofro are quintessential Southern soul-rock, hailing from Jacksonville, FL. Their music is entirely written by JJ Grey and reflects the area he grew up in, a combination of blues, funk, soul and rock. Grey takes no shortcuts on the homestead, and he certainly takes no shortcuts in his music. While he has metaphorically speaking “drawn blood” making all his albums, his latest effort, Ol’ Glory, found him spending more time than ever working over the new material. A hip-shooting, off-the-cuff performer (often his first vocal takes end up pleasing him best), Grey was able to stretch his legs a bit while constructing the lyrics and vocal lines to Ol’ Glory. In short, Ol’ Glory is that most singular thing, a record by JJ Grey—the north Florida sage and soul-bent swamp rocker.
Tyler James has the bayou written all over his show, with a down home feel that illustrates his skillful riffs, and soulful vocals, and Tyler graces his shows with his joy of playing tunes for the crowd. He continues to entertain people with his soulful takes on music from bands like The Allman Brothers, Bob Marley, Van Morrison, The Band, Chris Stapleton and many many more.
To make everyone’s time together enjoyable we ask that you take note of the following important instructions:
What to Know:
- Location – Destination Panama City Visitors Center
- 101 W Beach Drive, Panama City, FL 32404
- General Admission seating is open seating. Seating is not assigned and is “first come, first serve”.
- This is an outdoor event and some areas have soft and sandy terrain which may be difficult to navigate. Please plan accordingly.
- Gates open at 3:00pm (Vendors will be available).
- Concert starts at 5:00pm.
- Parking – Park in the following areas designated for Public Parking (map will be provided closer to event date):
- South of McKenzie Park
- Rear of Martin theater
- Mercer dirt road
- Street Parking (W Beach Drive will not be blocked off & will be available for parking)
- Handicap Parking is available at first come first serve at each of these lots
What to Bring:
- Bring Tickets via electronic device or printed copy (EVERY Attendee MUST have a ticket!).
- Bring I.D.
- Bring your own chairs & blankets (event seating is not provided).
- Bring Cash.
- Donations – This event supports the Near Shore Artificial Reef/Living Shoreline Project and there will be Donation Buckets at all points of entry. We appreciate any and all donations toward this important cause!
- Food & Drink – Alcohol Tent & 4-5 Food Trucks will be on site.
- Note – ALL bags will be checked by security upon entry.
What NOT to bring/do:
- Outside food or drink is NOT allowed past the gate (this includes water bottles).
- No pets allowed.
- No illegal substances.
- No coolers.
- No glass.
- No weapons, knives, or firearms.
- No video recording or professional cameras are allowed through the gate.
For Your Safety:
- Use crosswalks at intersections for crossing streets.
Thank You to Our Sponsors