To download FREE digital pass, click the image above. For the full press release click here. Stay tuned for the Schedule of Events!
(in no particular order because we just thought they were all at the top of the list)
- Take a historic journey into the printed past of Panama City at the Panama City Publishing Museum. Make your own creations on a working, vintage printing press at the original home of Panama City’s first newspapers.
- Take a stroll through Oaks by the Bay Park. Admire the intricate details of a towering Chad Gainey chainsaw sculpture and relax with a picnic near the calming cool waters of the St Andrews Bay just down the boardwalk.
- Turn happy hour into happy hours! Spend an afternoon at Little Village and Finn’s at Little Village dining, drinking, and relaxing in a lake-side palapa, and perusing quaint huts and a large indoor shopping area filled with boutique fashion and local jewelry creations.
- Explore your artsy side at Floriopolis. Paint, craft, and form your own creations at Art on the Spot and Art in Action classes, and take advantage of art, music, and storytelling events for all ages. Become a part of the St Andrews landscape and take a selfie in front of Floriopolis outdoor public art display made by local artists and volunteers.
- Saturdays are sweeter at The Market at St. Andrews. Homegrown fare and creative wares line the boardwalk near St. Andrews Marina on Saturday mornings, offering a family-friendly, pet-friendly experience for all ages. Shopping, eating, and hands-on activities make for a great start to the weekend!
- Take in the sounds and flavors of St. Andrews nightlife. Live music greets your ears, exceptional dining curbs your late-night cravings, and local brews treat your palette at indoor and outdoor favorites Tap Room, Salty Oak, Los Antojitos, and Salty Hobo.
- #KeepStAndrewsSalty with trademark artisan shopping. Beck Avenue is lined with shops and boutiques that showcase the creativity and quirkiness small business owners have poured into their passions. Find kayaks and outdoors staples at Sunjammers, the latest fashion at The Trendy Side and Adonia, and gifts and souvenirs at Native Spirit Museum and Gallery.
- Enjoy a unique family friendly experience at Papa Joe’s Bayside. Spend a day on the water with convenient on-site pontoon rentals and deep sea charter excursions. At the end of the day savor the sunset with outdoor live music, lawn seating, and tasty food trucks.
- Catch a signature St. Andrews sunset. Sunsets are what Panama City is made of and St. Andrews Marina paints a perfect picture of relaxation with a sprinkling of sailboats extending across a gorgeous setting sun.
- Spread your spiritual wings at Capstone House. Dedicated to healing and spiritual exploration through intuitive and psychic readings, reiki, massage, crystals and art, this unique experience also offers crafts, jewelry, and other items from local vendors.
It can be difficult to find ways to celebrate during this time, but how often does Taco Tuesday and Cinco de Mayo land on the same day? To enjoy the holiday, we have put together a list of local favorites to help out!
4003 W 18th Street E, Panama City FL 32401
Regular Taco Special: 3 Tacos for $7.50
766 W 23rd Street, Panama City, FL 32405
Holiday Special: Taco Tray for 4 with Margaritas for $60
1236 Beck Avenue, Panama City, FL 32401
Maddie’s La Casita
561 Harrison Avenue, Panama City, FL 32401
Holiday Special: $4 Margarita
Pepper’s Mexican Cantina
2061 N Cove Boulevard, Panama City, FL 32405
Holiday Special: $49.99 Gallon with a Pepper’s Hat
Finns at Little Village
2808 W 12th Street, Panama City, FL
Holiday Special: Half Price Tacos
The Place Downtown
429 Harrison Avenue, Panama City, FL 32401
Holiday Special: Taco Pizza $11.50 and $6 Margarita
The Funky Mermaid
448 Harrison Avenue, Panama City, FL 32401
Holiday Special: 2 for $5 Tacos, $5 Margaritas
During this holiday season members of our community came together for healing and camaraderie. The spirit of the season was alive and well in Panama City and could be seen in full display at the numerous events that happened despite Hurricane Michael trying to be the Grinch who steals our cheer. Continue reading “…And a Hopeful New Year”
If you’ve ever wondered what life at sea would be like, you can get a little taste for yourself in Panama City, Florida! Rent your home away from home, right on the water, with the abundance of Airbnb boat rentals offered at the St. Andrews Marina. From small sailboats to 56-foot motor yachts, there isn’t a better water view around. A one-of-a-kind experience made for the adventurous at heart, you won’t be disappointed with your home away from home. Some even feature an excursion with one of their captains.
When you want to venture onto land, there’s plenty to do within a short walking distance. Take some time to explore the historic St. Andrews neighborhood, with a variety of local shops, art galleries, museums and charming restaurants serving up fresh local seafood.
There’s even a few stops on the Panama City Oyster Trail located right in St. Andrews that you won’t want to miss!
For a full list of restaurants and more about the Oyster Trail, download the map here.
Featured in Southern Living, you can read more about these unique Airbnb boat rentals by clicking here!
Is summer actually summer if it isn’t filled with scoops of ice cream, Pina Coladas and desserts made with seasonal fruit? If you ask us, we’re pretty sure it should be a new requirement when you’re on vacation to cave in to your sweet tooth. We know when you’re traveling, it can be difficult to find all the best places to stop, but don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with this list of some the best places to find those tasty summer treats in Panama City, Florida.
Cool Down with Frozen Treats
If you’re sporting your tank top and flip flops this summer and finding you’re still a little hot, take some time to cool down with these frozen treats. We won’t judge if you decide to make it a bucket list and try them all!
Nothing screams summer quite like coconuts and pineapples. The panoramic view of St. Andrews Bay doesn’t hurt either. Grab a seat on the back deck overlooking the crystal blue waters of the bay, and enjoy a delicious Piña Colada Smoothie. And if you want a more traditional Piña Colada (you know, the kind with a little more punch), they’ve got that too! We’ve also got to mention that they’re a stop on the Panama City Oyster Trail, serving up some pretty delicious oysters on the half shell.
If hearing the words “icing shot” makes you drool a little, then you need to run to Sugar Boogers! The name of their business might be even sweeter than their specialty cakes – it was inspired by a nickname that the owner’s grandpa called her Oma. Sugar Boogers is the place to stop if you’re looking for cookies, ice cream or gourmet cupcakes, and they’ve also got you covered on custom cakes and designs if you have a special event while you’re in town.
You can’t visit Panama City, Florida without stopping in Vinny & Bay’s and ordering a Loony Shake. A totally over the top shake, Loony Shakes are rimmed with anything from chocolate malt balls to sprinkles and Lucky Charms! And it doesn’t stop there. Depending on what you order, they’re garnished with a variety of toppings ranging from Hershey’s bars, Reese’s, Kit Kats, dripping syrups and whipped cream to full size donuts from local Dan-D-Donuts! The creations are endless!
A staple on almost every dessert menu, Key lime pie is a pretty big deal in Florida. While we love tradition, we also love a good twist on things. Dipped in chocolate and on a popsicle stick, this is a perfect and easy cold treat to eat while fishing on Panama City Marina.
Delicious Summer Deserts
We know you’re working up your appetite after long days in the sun exploring Panama City. From deep water fishing, paddle boarding, jet skiing, shopping and all of the other exciting activities you’re doing, you might need something a little more filling to pair with your ice cream. Cake, pies and all sugary sweet baked desserts are obviously the answer!
There are a dozen ways to enjoy this season’s star fruit. Sweet and savory, they make for some pretty tasty culinary treats. Sweet Magnolia’s Simply Delicious Strawberry Cake just happens to be so delicious, it was featured on USA Today’s 100+ Way to Savor Strawberries.
We mentioned before that we love a good Key lime pie, but Bayou Joe’s Sunshine Pie is a must try! It’s like a Key lime pie, except made with oranges. If that doesn’t sound like your kind of treat, you can order a traditional Key lime pie instead. Aside from the delicious desserts, Bayou Joe’s is a must stop place in Panama City, located in a bright pink building with 270+ degree view of the water. And if you’ve spent all day on the boat working up your appetite, you can just pull up and hop on through the window – we all do it!
Offering casual elegance with an eclectic menu of locally sourced fare, g. Foley’s doesn’t ever disappoint. Order a Cream Brulee topped with seasonal fresh berries and whipped cream, and sit outside to enjoy the summer air on the beautiful courtyard shaded by oak trees.
You could say that eating funnel cakes during summer is kind of a rite of passage. Every child (and adult) should be able to claim that they devoured an entire funnel cake completely by themselves at least once in their lives. The hot, fried, doughnut-like dough smothered in powdered sugar is a quintessential food of fairs, theme park and carnivals. But in Panama City, you can order a fun twist on the delicious dessert at The Place Downtown. Funnel Cake Fries may or may not be just as messy, but they certainly are just as delicious!
Refreshing Drinks with a View
Summer vacation means it’s totally acceptable to kick back and relax with a drink in your hand in the middle of the afternoon. We don’t think there’s any better way to get your dose of vitamin D than sitting on a deck overlooking the water drinking a punny named cocktail. It gets even better – all of these locations also offer live entertainment! Just make sure you check their current schedules before heading out.
With names like Brazilian Kiss, The Sassy Senorita and Dapper Dan, you can’t go wrong with anything on their menu. If you’re looking for the perfect summer drink, we recommend trying the Starburst Martini or the Sunset Martini, made with strawberry Vodka, freshly muddled oranges mixed with pineapple juice, a drop of grenadine and champagne float. You can sit on the outdoor two-level deck for amazing views of the bay and even take a stroll on the boardwalk extending from the restaurant.
For some of the best margaritas in town, Los Antojitos is the place to go! They pair perfectly with the famous Superduperbaked Burrito, weighing in at 5 pounds! The outdoor deck overlooks Lake Ware and is the perfect way to spend a laid-back afternoon.
Nestled within the Sun Harbor Marina, the Shipyard Grill is a perfect ‘dock and dine’ restaurant. Located on the site of a WWII Shipyard, the restaurant has some pretty cool history behind it, and you’ll find an assortment of memorabilia and artifacts throughout. You can enjoy water views from every single table, whether you choose to sit inside or outside. As if this place wasn’t already awesome enough, it also boasts an outdoor Tiki Bar. The Pineapple Upside Down Martini is full of grilled pineapple deliciousness, but we also love the aptly named drinks like the Shipyard Sipper and Blue Marlin.
A staple seafood restaurant in Panama City since the 1950’s, The Shrimp Boat started out as a 50-seat diner and has grown to a 500-seat restaurant. Perfect for waterfront dining, the restaurant sits along the Smith Yacht Basin in St. Andrews Bay. They open for dinner at 4 PM, the perfect timing for a late afternoon drink after an eventful day in Panama City!