What Information Do We Collect About You?
Destination Panama City’s mission is to provide you with personalized services and offerings designed to enhance your travel planning experience. To do so effectively, Destination Panama City (PCCDC) collects the following information:
(a) Personal Identifiable Information. Personal identifiable information includes information such as name, address, email, ZIP code, gender, or income. Destination Panama City (PCCDC) only collects personally identifiable information about you when you voluntarily and knowingly provide such personally identifiable information to Destination Panama City (PCCDC) using Destination Panama City (PCCDC) Website, e-newsletter forms, online request forms, contests, feedback forms, surveys, personal interest forms, and mobile application forms. If you do not wish your personally identifiable information to be collected, please do not submit it.
(b) Destination Panama City (PCCDC) may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our website. We collect the domain name from each site visitor as well as statistical information, such as the number of visitors and the pages viewed. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer being use, and technical information about the user’s means of connection to our site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized, and other similar information.
(c) Information from the Use of “Cookies”. Destination Panama City (PCCDC) Website may employ “cookie” technology. Cookies are small pieces of data stored in files on your computer allowing Destination Panama City (PCCDC) Website to track your use of Destination Panama City (PCCDC) Website as you visit and revisit Destination Panama City (PCCDC) Website.
(e) User Data/Data Collection: Automated Decision Making and Profiling. Destination Panama City (PCCDC) partners with companies that utilize automated decision-making processes, including user profiling, in order to provide more relevant marketing materials to those users who opt in to receiving emails from us.
Use of Your Information by Destination Panama City (PCCDC)
Destination Panama City (PCCDC) does not to sell, share, transfer, or rent to third parties any information you provide to Destination Panama City (PCCDC) unless indicated and when approved by the user for certain third parties (“Target Third Parties”) to further the purpose for which you voluntarily provided the information (in other words, if the user opts-in to sharing information) or unless required to do so by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, court orders, legal process from law enforcement agencies, or similar legal proceedings. Additionally, Destination Panama City (PCCDC) engages third party information management service providers to help maintain efficient operations. Because such information management service providers may access our systems, such information management service providers may have access to your information. Destination Panama City (PCCDC) does not transfer or relinquish ownership of information maintained about you within Destination Panama City (PCCDC) systems and databases to such information management service providers but requires these information management service providers to sign confidentiality agreements to keep all confidential information and other proprietary information found in our systems confidential.
Destination Panama City (PCCDC) reserves the right to take any action Destination Panama City (PCCDC) deems prudent or necessary to safeguard Destination Panama City (PCCDC) Website and your information in Destination Panama City (PCCDC) systems and databases from malicious or unwarranted attack by viruses, hackers, or other miscreants.
Collection and Use of Your Information by Third Parties
Changing and Deleting Your Personal Information
You have the right to review your information at any time. If you would like to review the information about you that is within Destination Panama City (PCCDC) database or you would like to know how it is being used, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may request Destination Panama City (PCCDC) change or delete your personal information in Destination Panama City (PCCDC) systems and databases by submitting a detailed description of the desired action to email@example.com. If you would like to be removed from or change your subscriptions to any of our newsletters or marketing materials, there is a link at the bottom of every newsletter that allows you to do so or you may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Destination Panama City (PCCDC) will comply with any such requests within 30 days.
Please note that after Destination Panama City (PCCDC) processes a change or deletes your personal information from active Destination Panama City (PCCDC) systems and databases, it is possible that non-active residual copies of your information may still exist in Destination Panama City (PCCDC) systems and on archive or backup media.
We offer free, electronic newsletters, updates and e-mail reminders as a service to our registrants, based upon your voluntary subscription. You will only receive an electronic newsletter if you have requested it (opted-in). We do not share our mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers or partners.
Security of Personal Information Collected
We understand the importance of safeguarding the personal information we collect from you. We therefore take reasonable measures to protect your personal information that is under our control in an effort to prevent its loss, misuse or unauthorized access, alteration or disclosure, including established electronic and administrative safeguards designed to make the information we collect secure. You should take care not to send us personal information in email, which is an inherently insecure form of communication.
Although we strive to keep your information secure, no policy or system can perfectly guard against the risk of intentional intrusion or inadvertent disclosure and we do not and cannot guarantee that your information may never be disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this Policy and applicable laws. Any personal information you provide to us is at your own risk. You should understand the limits to privacy and security on the Internet and use common sense in all of your online activities.
In the event that Destination Panama City (PCCDC) are ever sold, acquired, merged, liquidated, reorganized or otherwise transferred, we reserve the right to transfer our user databases together with any personal information contained therein to a third party acquiring Destination Panama City (PCCDC) or any of its assets.
CONSENT AND RELEASE
By clicking “I agree to the Terms and Conditions” and Confirm to Destination Panama City’s image request, you represent and warrant that:
- You are at least 18 years of age, you have the legal right to enter into this agreement and you are not impersonating anyone else;
- You own all rights in and to your Content including without limitation, all rights to the image, audio, video and or digital recording and performance contained in your Content (if any) and/or you have acquired all necessary rights to the elements appearing in your Content to enable you to grant the same rights to Destination Panama City as described herein;
- Your Content is wholly original and does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or any other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party individual or entity;
- You agree to release and allow all creative license and creative treatment in the use and production of your Content at the discretion of Destination Panama City and its affiliate agents;
- You voluntarily agree to waive all “moral rights” that you may have to your Content;
- Any information contained in your Content is not known to you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- Your Content does not violate any law;
- You were not and will not be compensated or granted any consideration by any third party for submitting your Content;
- You will not be compensated or granted any consideration in any way by Destination Panama City for the use of your Content;
- Your Content does not incorporate materials from a third party website, copyright protected materials or personally identifiable information of anyone other than yourself;
- Your Content does not reflect negatively in any way upon Destination Panama City or their marketing, advertising, commercial or promotional efforts; and
- You agree to irrevocably release and forever discharge Destination Panama City and its affiliate agents, subsidiaries, employees and third party providers from any and all actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent and of any nature whatsoever, which you now have or hereafter can, shall or may have against Destination Panama City and its affiliate agents, subsidiaries, employees and third party providers or their respecting successor without limitation resulting from the use of your Content or anything contained therein by Destination Panama City.
This Policy was last updated on March 29, 2019.
Your Questions and Concerns