Let the Jingle Bell Express Take You to all the Christmas Festivities
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way around Panama City on the Jingle Bell Express. A magical holiday experience, the Jingle Bell Express connects riders from Historic Downtown Panama City to St. Andrews to find all of the Christmas wonders to be found in both neighborhoods. Brought to you by Bayway and Destination Panama City, you can hop on the jolliest ride of all to take you to enjoy the holiday festivities for FREE – and it’s family-friendly! The enchantment and glow of the season can be felt with twinkling light displays, horse-drawn carriages, Christmas parades, and local shops filled with holiday gifts.
Cookies and Caroling on the Jingle Bell Express
The Jingle Bell Express will be filled with special holiday surprises on board for the entire family. Every passenger is gifted a cookie made from scratch from a local bakery, Who’s Got Time. Between bites, you can sing along with carolers from the Panama City A Capella Chorus. Beach Drive will be showing off for trolley passengers with a view of lights reflecting off the water and beautiful, historic houses dressed to impress.
When Can I Go on the Jingle Bell Express?
Each Friday and Saturday evening during the first three weekends in December, you can embark on a journey between Historic Downtown Panama City and St. Andrews. The Jingle Bell Express will run from 5-8 PM each night, with various pick-up and drop-off points in Downtown and St. Andrews.
Where Can I Find the Jingle Bell Express?
Downtown’s boarding station is at the Center for the Arts (the location will temporarily change to pick up behind the Martin Theatre when the Christmas Parade is en route). St. Andrews has two stops at Taproom and Little Village. In between stops, discover the enchanting shops, restaurants, and events that Panama City has to offer. So, all aboard the Jingle Bell Express to have the most magical holiday in Panama City.
Find More Magic in Panama City
There’s always magic to be found in Panama City, but it’s a little more spectacular when it’s lit up with Christmas lights. You can discover both of Panama City’s charming downtown areas on the Jingle Bell Express, but there is also a full calendar of festive holiday events happening all month long in Panama City!
Christmas in Historic Downtown
Downtown Panama City is the perfect idyllic backdrop for a quaint, yet bustling Christmas celebration. Get your holiday shopping done at the Downtown Farmers Markets, the Holiday Bazaar December, or one of the many shops filled with one-of-a-kind Christmas goods. Spirits will be brightened all season long with a variety of events, including horse-drawn carriage rides along Harrison Avenue, meeting Santa Claus, Story Time with Mrs. Claus, and so much more!
Christmas in St. Andrews
Get ready to be transported into a Winter Wonderland in St. Andrews when you arrive at Oaks by the Bay Park. One of the best light displays in Panama City, Light up the Park at Oaks by the Bay is a Christmas light experience that your family can walk through and learn about the history of this neighborhood. The magic begins at 6PM on November 25, when the tree is lit, the hot chocolate is served, and the St. Andrews Ukelele Orchestra performs your Christmas favorites. Then, take a stroll down Beck Ave and explore the rest of St. Andrews, where you’ll find cafes, bars, boutiques, and restaurants decked for Christmas.
Holiday Event Schedule:
- Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides in Downtown Panama City | Nov 25th-Nov 26th from 5PM-8PM Dec 9th, and Dec 16th from 5PM-8PM and Dec 17th from 1PM-4PM
- Light up the Park at Oaks by the Bay | Nov 25th at 6PM
- Holiday Movie Nights at Caffe Del Mundo | Elf play on Nov 25th at 5:30PM, Home Alone play on Dec 1st at 5:30PM, The Polar Express plays on Dec 7th at 5:30PM
- Story Time with Mrs. Claus at History Class | Every Saturday in December at 3 PM
- Jingle Bell Express | The first three Fridays and Saturdays in December from 5PM-8PM
- A Very Merry Night Market at Oaks by the Bay | Dec 2nd from 5PM-8PM
- Panama City Christmas Tree Lighting Celebration | Dec 2nd at 5PM
- Tidings & Tinsel at Jute and Palm | Dec 2nd from 5PM-8PM
- Panama City Annual Jaycees Christmas Parade | Dec 3rd at 6PM
- Holiday Bazaar at Center for the Arts | Dec 2nd from 5PM-8PM and Dec 3rd from 10AM-3PM
- Cookies and Cocoa with Santa at the Science and Discovery Center | Dec 3rd from 9AM-11AM
- Meet Santa at Little Mustard Seed | Dec 9th and 16th from 6PM-8PM
- Christmas Caroling and Candy Land Festival at Papa Joe’s | Dec 13th from 5:45PM-7:30PM
- Downtown Farmers Market at McKenzie Park | Dec 17th and 24th from 8AM-1PM